How do I find out more about conservation?

Ministry of Energy

The Ministry of Energy is the Ontario government body that works to develop the electricity generation, transmission and other energy-related facilities.
Phone: 1-888-668-4636


Ontario Energy Board (OEB)

The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) regulates the province's electricity and natural gas sectors. Other key functions include: codes of conduct for distributors and retailers; consumer protection issues and contract information; and transmission and distribution rates and hearings.
Phone: 1-877-632-2727


Hydro One

Hydro One oversees transmission lines (metal towers) and handles related inquiries. Hydro one also is the distributor for customers located outside of the Entegrus service territory.
Phone: 1-888-664-9376


Electrical Safety Authority (ESA)

The ESA oversees electrical wiring safety and inspection according to the Ontario Electrical Safety Code. It also certifies electrical appliances in special cases, and raises awareness regarding electrical safety.
Phone: 1-877-372-7233


Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)

The IESO oversees Ontario's energy market and balances the supply and flow of energy across Ontario.
Phone: 1-888-448-7777


Ontario Power Generation (OPG)

Formerly Ontario Hydro, the OPG is the largest power producer in the province.
Phone: 1-877-592-2555


Electricity Distributors Association (EDA)

Formerly the Municipal Electric Association, this association represents local electric distribution companies in Ontario.
Phone: 1-800-668-9979


Ontario Energy Association (OEA)

The OEA represents Ontario's energy industry.
Phone: 416-961-2339


Looking for More?

Select a question