How do I apply / am I eligible?
- Gather up the following:
- Your electricity bill
- Names and birthdates of all the residents in your home as registered with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Social Insurance Numbers (SINs), Individual Tax Numbers or temporary taxation numbers for residents over the age of 16.
- Visit the program website: OntarioElectricitySupport.ca
- Complete the online application (you will see it on the home page). Print and sign the consent form and mail it to the address provided on the website.
You will be notified of eligibility after your application and signed consent form have been reviewed.
If eligible, the credit will appear directly on your electricity bill in about 6 to 8 weeks from the date of approval. You will receive OESP for 2 years before having to reapply.
- Questions? Contact 1-855-831-8151 or email: help [at] OntarioElectricitySupport.ca