Disconnection and Reconnection Rules
A. Entegrus must provide the necessary minimum notice:
- Entegrus makes every effort to contact the customer by phone or in person at least 48 hours before the date of disconnection
- Entegrus has an obligation to offer an Arrears Management Program (AMP).
- Entegrus is required to reconnect within 2 business days of receiving a payment or of the consumer entering into an AMP.
B. A low-income customer may be eligible for the following special rules:
- The right to request equalized/budget billing without paying by automatic withdrawal
- Entegrus must suspend a disconnection process for 21 days once it has been advised that a customer may be eligible for emergency financial assistance
- A customer that has agreed to an AMP that allows more time to pay outstanding balances to the utility.
C. Help is available for low-income consumers through programs including:
- Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP), which may be found at www.ontarioelectricitysupport.ca or by phoning 1-855-831-8155
- Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP), which provides emergency financial assistance to help pay overdue electricity bills. Entegrus customers may contact their local Salvation Army to see if they qualify for assistance.
- Consumers can learn about these programs on the Ontario Energy Board website
D. Entegrus Customer Service Representatives are available to assist customers or inquire about any programs that are available. Please call 866-804-7325 weekdays between 8:30 and 4:30 not including holidays.
E. You may also contact us via email at customerservice [at] entegrus.com
F. For detailed customer service rules for electricity, please visit Ontario Energy Board Customer Service Rules for Electricity.
G. Customers may contact the OEB at 1-877-632-2727 or visit their website at http://www.ontarioenergyboard.ca/